12+ bamboo skewers (soak in water for 30 minutes beforehand)
1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch-wide, 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 package of naan, pita or flatbread, enough for 4 “wraps”
1 tomato, diced
2 cups arugula
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons lime zest
1 tablespoon lime juice (the juice of one medium-sized lime)
4 teaspoons fish sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 teaspoons canola oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice (or the juice of one medium-sized lime)
1. Puree all marinade ingredients (soy sauce, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, sugar and garlic) with a hand mixer or food processor until it forms a paste.
2. Combine marinade and beef in a non-reactive container and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
3. Thread the beef strips onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
4. For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients (sour cream, cilantro and lime juice) and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Preheat a charcoal grill to medium-high heat, about 350 degrees.
6. Grill the beef skewers for 3 minutes on each side or until char marks form. These are thin slices of meat, so they don’t need much time on the grill.
7. Grill the naan or pita bread for 30 seconds each side to warm.
8. Serve the skewers by placing them inside the naan or flatbread.
9. Remove the skewers and add the cilantro-lime dipping sauce and arugula and diced tomatoes.
From Robyn Medlin, Grill Grrrl
Back to grilling recipes
Tomato and Basil Pizza
Peppercorn Tuna Steaks