1 stick of Earth Balance Vegan Butter
1 cup sugar
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cold large eggs
½ cup gluten-free flour*
½ teaspoon xantham gum
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
3.In a small bowl combine flour and xantham gum.
4. In a large bowl combine vegan butter, sugar, cocoa and salt. Place in microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted. (This is the lazy version. You can also do this in a pan on the stovetop).
5. Add vanilla. Stir in eggs one a time, mixing well after each egg. Add the flour and xantham gum. Vigorously stir for about 30 seconds.
6. Pour brownie mix into prepared pan. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out slightly moist. Cool on rack. Enjoy!
*Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
6 cups white rice flour
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca flour
Store leftover flour in an airtight container.
From Yvonne Condes
Back to dessert recipes