3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
2 cups trail mix, coarsely chopped
1. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix first 6 ingredients in bowl.
3. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until mixture is fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in oats and coconut. Stir in trail mix.
4. Using 2-inch-diameter ice cream scoop, drop dough onto sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
DO AHEAD For ready-to-bake dough, freeze dough on sheets until firm. Transfer frozen dough to resealable plastic bags; keep frozen until ready to bake.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. For freshly made cookie dough, bake until cookies are golden brown, about 13 minutes. (For frozen dough, arrange frozen cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets; bake until golden brown, about 16 minutes.)
6. Transfer to racks to cool.
From Maria Helm Sinskey, Bon Appétit
MORE ON BON APPETIT:
10 Quick and Easy School Night Dinners
10 Snacks You Thought Were Healthy But Really Aren’t
31 Refreshing Summer Drinks