2 bell peppers, seeded and quartered
2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
2 big handfuls of mushrooms
1 Vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
2 Roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (basil, oregano and/or rosemary) or 1/2 tablespoon dried herbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make balsamic vinaigrette
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
To make grilled vegetables
1. Place your vegetables into a large resealable plastic bag. Pour half the vinaigrette inside the bag, and seal. Turn the bag so that the vinaigrette coats the vegetables. Let it sit for at least 1 hour.
2. Place a grill pan over medium heat, or bring your grill to medium-high heat.
3. Pour the vegetables out onto a large baking sheet and roughly group like vegetables together. Sprinkle all of the vegetables with salt and pepper.
4. Working in batches, grill the vegetables: about 8 minutes for the bell peppers, 5 to 6 minutes for the zucchini and squash, 4 minutes for the mushrooms and onion, and 1 to 2 minutes for the tomatoes. Flip each vegetable halfway through its cooking time.
5. Transfer the vegetables to a large platter. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff and Rebecca Crump at Ezra Pound Cake
Three-Pea Chicken Salad
Fresh Lemon and Arugula Pasta
Zesty Taco Salad
Back to Grilling Your Whole Meal