Not sure about the best way to grill those beautiful cuts of beef? Try this fool-proof recipe and instructional to cook them to the exact doneness you want.
2 to 4 steaks, cut to about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Turn all your burners to high on the grill and close the lid. Heat grill for at least 15 minutes.
2. Clean and oil the grill grates.
3. Turn one section of your grill to medium heat, and leave the other on high.
4. Season each steak generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Grill the steaks over the hottest part of the grill, covered, until browned on both sides. You’ll turn them halfway through for about 6 minutes total.
6. Slide the steaks to the cooler part of the grill and continue to cook for 5 to 12 minutes until they reach your desired temperature for doneness, flipping the steaks over halfway through. (See chart on heatherlikesfood.com for temperatures)
7. Transfer the steaks to a plate, top with compound butter if desired, and tent with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Heather Likes Food
How to Slice Meat Into Steaks
Colombian-Style Pork Empanadas
Shrimp Cakes in Shiso Leaves
Back to Grill Your Whole Meal