Ingredients for Grilled Salmon
Medium-sized fillet of wild-caught salmon
Extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Smother a medium-sized filet of wild-caught salmon with a few tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and all of the spices.
2. Don't forget to season the fish with salt and pepper to your liking. I use about 1 teaspoon of each.
Cabbage, onion and habanero slaw
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 of one habanero pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper, to taste
Juice of 2 limes
1. Thinly slice 1 cup of cabbage and red onion
2. Mince 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
3. Toss cabbage, red onion and cilantro in a bowl with the juice of 2 limes
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Habeneros are optional for those who can't stand the heat. Thinly slice 1/4 of a habanero pepper and toss in with the slaw. The lime juice helps take the edge off, but you still get a kick.
6. Set slaw aside. It's best if prepared a few hours before so the slaw gets a chance to marinate.
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
1. Mash two ripe avocados with the juice of 1 1/2 limes (or 1 lime if if it's really big).
2. Add salt to taste.
Directions for grilled salmon tacos
1. Now, assemble. Warm corn tortillas (I love blue corn tortillas because they are pretty) in a medium skillet over low-medium heat. Spoon slaw onto tortilla first, top with sliced salmon, then dollop with guacamole. Serve, eat, enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Style Activist
Fingerling Potato Salad
Zesty Taco Salad
Back to Grill Your Whole Meal