So you have an expecting mother on your list, and are
stumped as to what to get her. You’ve come to the right place. With a pregnant
woman, you can take a few different angles: You can get something for her or
something for her baby. Or both! She is carrying another
human being, after all! Chances are, this year her wish list looks a bit
different than years past. In lieu of the most recent designer handbag, she’s
probably lusting after a cute and stylish diaper bag. Need some help? Here are a few of our favorite gifts for an
1. Gift card — These are always a good idea. There is nothing
more fun than a little shopping spree for baby and for mama!
2. Nail polish — Need a fun stocking stuffer for the
expecting mom? A little something to make her feel pretty is just the key. A
fun new nail polish shade is inexpensive, cute and something for just her.
3. Cute glassware — Anything fun that she can pour her
sparkling water into and pretend that it’s champagne. Believe me, it works.
4. Camera — She’ll need something to take nice pictures and
videos of her new sweet baby. A DSLR camera makes for a super nice gift that
will come in quite handy for capturing those moments that she’ll want to look
at again and again!
5. Swaddle blankets — These are absolutely necessary for the
first few months of baby’s life, and will make mama’s life easier too. They can
be used for so many different things: swaddling, nursing cover, blanket, floor
mat, burp cloth, you name it. We love the Aiden + Anais brand, which are made
from 100% muslin and are soft, durable, huge and come in lots of cute patterns!
6. Fun toiletries — Showering mom with a luxurious bubble
bath, lotions, and shower gel is just what she’ll love this year. Her body is
going through a lot, so she could most certainly use some pampering!
7. Chocolate — Everybody needs chocolate. It’s just a fact.
And when you’re pregnant, that need is amplified. Give her all of the
9. "One Line a Day" Journal — Most moms don’t have time to
write a novel each day. This "One Line a Day" journal is perfect for remembering
those little moments in the day that you just don’t want to forget. It’s a no
pressure way to journal.
10. Body pillow — Because comfort is important, especially
while pregnant, and it’s something that is hard to come by. These body pillows definitely help make a good night’s sleep a little more possible for an