We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
Nelle Harper Lee, known for her 1960 book "To Kill a Mockingbird," died today at the age of 89.
Her family released a statement confirming the author's death: "The family of Nelle Harper Lee, of Monroeville, Alabama, announced today, with great sadness, that Ms. Lee passed away in her sleep early this morning. Her passing was unexpected. She remained in good basic health until her passing. The family is in mourning and there will be a private funeral service in the upcoming days, as she had requested."
Lee won a Pulitzer Prize for her iconic novel filled with racial tensions as we follow American dad hero Atticus Finch's fight for moral truth and justice. The book is told from the perspective of his young daughter Scout, and set in a small Alabama town. Here are 10 timeless quotes from the novel on parenting, family and growth that will continue to offer powerful lessons for generations to come.
1. "You can choose your friends but you sho' can't choose your family, an' they're still kin to you no matter whether you acknowledge 'em or not, and it makes you look right silly when you don't."
2. "I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."
3. "I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks."
4. "Atticus, he was real nice."
"Most people are, Scout, when you finally see them."
5. "When a child asks you something, answer him, for goodness sake. But don't make a production of it. Children are children, but they can spot an evasion faster than adults, and evasion simply muddles 'em."
6. "Things are never as bad as they seem."
7. "You just hold your head high and keep those fists down. No matter what anybody says to you, don't you let 'em get your goat. Try fightin' with your head for a change."