It's hard to deny the appeal of a sweet treat that doesn't require turning on the oven. Especially during the dog days of summer.
Even better? No-bake desserts are almost always super easy too—requiring minimal ingredients and maybe one or two bowls. And these bars are no exception.
You won't believe that something so rich and indulgent came out of the fridge, but the use of stellar ingredients makes all the difference.
The base is a mixture of almond butter, gluten-free honey graham crackers, confectioners' sugar and melted butter.
The mixture is pressed into a pan and topped with a layer of—wait for it—white chocolate ganache.
If you've never made ganache before, this two-ingredient do-it-all is your new best friend. Simply heat some heavy cream and pour it over white chocolate chips. Stir till smooth and pour it over the cookie base.
A sprinkling of flaky salt offsets all that sweetness and provides a crunch that matches the cookie base.
A chill in the fridge and these bars are ready to serve!
Cut into squares for individual servings or smaller bars for a dessert buffet—these bars are very rich!
Rich AND no-bake? See ya, oven!
No-Bake Gluten-Free Almond Butter Bars
1616 or 32 bars
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free honey graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- flaky sea salt
- 1. Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper in both directions, leaving overhang on all sides.
- 2. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, almond butter and melted butter in a medium bowl till well combined. Press the mixture into your prepared pan. Clean out the bowl and add the white chocolate chips.
- 3. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat till you see small bubbles form around the edge. Pour over the chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes, undisturbed. Slowly whisk until the mixture is smooth, then pour over the cookie base. Top with the flaky sea salt and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Use the parchment sling to transfer the bar to a cutting board and cut into 16 squares (or 32 rectangles) for serving.