Calling all unicorn fans!
These unicorn-themed Muddy Buddies are the perfect snack to serve at your next princess/tea/fairy celebration!
If you've never heard of Muddy Buddies you're in for a treat. This addictive snack is simply made by coating cereal with melted peanut butter and chocolate chips, and tossing generously with powdered sugar.
We've eliminated the peanut butter to keep the colors true, and added some sparkling sugar for, well, sparkle!
Serve this snack up in pastel-colored cupcake liners or tiny tea cups. Wands and tiaras totally optional.
Unicorn Muddy Buddies
Meal snack, dessert
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
Total 30 minutes
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons EACH white, purple, pink, blue sparkling sugar (plus extra, for decorating)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons EACH white, lavender, pink, light blue melting discs
- 8 cups Chex cereal (any kind, Corn Chex were used here), divided
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar in each of (4) gallon-size ziploc bags. Add 2 tablespoons each sparkling sugar (one color per bag) - stir to disperse.
- 2. In a medium bowl set over barely simmering water, melt white melting discs till smooth. Remove from heat and transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl. Gently but thoroughly fold in 2 cups cereal. Transfer the cereal to the ziploc bag containing the white sparkling sugar, seal and shake to coat. Pour onto your prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Wipe out the bowl and repeat with the remaining 3 colors.
- 4. Use a fork to drizzle the reserved melting discs over the cereal (if the discs have hardened re-warm in the microwave). Sprinkle with more sparkling sugar if desired. Let set before serving.
Images via Sheri Silver