Put a little "breakfast" into your dessert with these sweet and easy cookies!
Cinnamon Pebbles and a cinnamon roll filling are folded into the egg white-sugar mixture to step up the flavor and add a pretty swirl!
And no special skills required either — simply drop the mounds of meringue onto your baking sheet — the more free-form the better!
These cookies are irresistible - crunchy outside, slightly chewy inside and full of cinnamon flavor!
And best of all? No bowl or spoon required.
Cinnamon Pebbles Meringues
Meal dessert, snack
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 120 minutes
Total 135 minutes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Pebbles, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside
- 2. Heat the maple syrup, butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan till melted and smooth - cool completely.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, using the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on low speed till frothy and completely covered in tiny bubbles. Add the cream of tartar and increase speed to medium. When tracks begin to form, gradually add the granulated sugar. When all of the sugar is added increase the speed to high and beat till the mixture is stiff and glossy. . Fold in the confectioner's sugar till completely incorporated, followed by the Cinnamon Pebbles. Gently fold in the cinnamon filling, being careful not to overmix so that you see the swirls.
- 4. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with some more cereal and let sit for 30 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- 5. Bake meringues for 2 hours; turn off oven and let cool completely before removing. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Images via Sheri Silver