Your lunchtime sandwich just got a major upgrade!
Just four simple ingredients (and your favorite bread) combine to make a delicious lunch that's worthy of you!
Pears are the perfect fall fruit and complement beautifully the mild brie and peppery arugula. A bit of mango chutney is worlds apart from the usual mayo/mustard spread you've been using, adding a touch of sweetness and tang.
I like to serve these sandwiches open-faced, with my favorite chips. But they are just as delicious when made as a traditional sandwich, too!
Pear, Brie Arugula Sandwiches
22 sandwiches; may be doubled
Meal lunch, snack
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 15 minutes
- 4 slices of your favorite sandwich bread, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 small wheel of brie, sliced
- 2 firm ripe pears, halved and sliced crosswise
- Images via Sheri Silver
- 1. Spread one side of each slice of bread with the mango chutney.
- 2. Divide the arugula evenly atop the chutney, followed by the brie and sliced pears.