Sometimes fancy and impressive foods require lots of ingredients, a variety of utensils and hours of time. Other times, you need only three ingredients and about 10 minutes. This is one of those times.
The key to this easy, lovely and utterly delicious recipe is the use of high-flavor ingredients that complement each other perfectly.
Mild, crisp pears are in season right now and work beautifully with thin slices of salty prosciutto. A thin spread of fig jam adds just the right amount of sweetness.
Prep these early in the day, and serve them up for a snack, appetizer or side dish. These are sure to please everyone!
Meal appetizer, snack
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 0 minutes
Total 10 minutes
- 2 firm, ripe pears, halved and cored
- 8 slices prosciutto, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup (approximately) fig jam
- Photos by Sheri Silver
- 1. Slice each pear half lengthwise into quarters. You should have a total of 16 slices.
- 2. Spread each slice of prosciutto with about a teaspoon of the fig jam.
- 3. Wrap the prosciutto slices around the pears. Keep chilled until ready to serve.