Here’s a fun and easy twist on the traditional cheese ball that will be a perfect fit for your holiday table! Though you might think of cheese balls as being strictly savory starters, this one turns that idea on its head. Sweet and creamy, with familiar holiday flavors of ginger and pumpkin spice, this cheese ball is served at the end of the meal!
And it couldn’t be easier. Simply blend your ingredients, shape into a ball and chill. Roll in ground gingersnaps and serve! Perfect accompaniments are sliced apples and pears, pretzels, graham crackers or Nilla wafers.
This is the perfect treat for last-minute guests or an impromptu afternoon get-together, too!
Pumpkin Spice Cheese Ball
88 - 10 servings
Meal snack, dessert
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 0 minutes
Total 10 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 15 gingersnap cookies, finely ground
- Accompaniments: sliced apples and pears, vanilla wafers, pretzel twists
- Photos by Sheri Silver
- 1. Beat cream cheese and butter till completely smooth. Add confectioner's sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and salt. Beat again.
- 2. Place mixture on a large square of plastic wrap. Bring all four corners of the wrap up to meet in the middle and twist, forming a mound. Place in a small bowl and freeze till firm. Place gingersnap crumbs in a pie plate or shallow dish.
- 3. While still wrapped, form the mixture into a ball. Unwrap and roll in the crushed gingersnaps. Return to freezer and keep frozen until an hour before serving.