Simply dip your strawberries in the melted white chocolate and add the eyes. Let set and then drizzle more white chocolate on top for the “mummy” effect.
The key to success is to make sure that your strawberries are perfectly dry, so that the chocolate coating stays put once the fruit is dipped.
This is a fun and easy treat for even the littlest hands to help with—and only a little bit scary!
22 dozen (approximately) strawberries
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- 16 ounces (1 pound) strawberries
- 2 cups good-quality white chocolate chips (may substitute with 12 ounces white chocolate bars, chopped)
- candy eyes
- Photos by Sheri Silver
- 1. Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- 2. Melt the chocolate chips in the top half of a double boiler set over barely simmering water. Working with one strawberry at a time, dip into the chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off before returning to your baking sheet. Add 2 eyes and repeat with remaining strawberries. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- 3. Use a fork to drizzle the remaining chocolate over the strawberries for the mummy effect. Return to refrigerator and keep chilled till ready to serve.