While no one will deny the beauty or deliciousness of a buttery, flaky pie crust, it’s fun to shake up the “traditional” model from time to time. And these mini cheesecakes do just that!
Canned cinnamon rolls are pressed into standard muffin tins and topped with a cheesecake filling. A cranberry swirl adds color and holiday flair.
These couldn’t be easier. The cinnamon filling and buttery dough add delectable flavor to these individual desserts!
And don’t even think about discarding that icing—it’s the perfect finish!
Cranberry Swirl Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes
2424 mini cheesecakes
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 35 minutes
Total 50 minutes
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- (2) 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- (3) 8-count tubes refrigerated cinnamon rolls, separated (reserve icing)
- Photos by Sheri Silver
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; grease two 12-count muffin tins.
- 2. Place cranberries, 1/4 cup sugar and water in a small saucepan—bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to a simmer, cooking till thickened (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool (to cool down quickly, transfer to a small bowl and place in a larger bowl filled with ice).
- 3. Beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining 1 cup sugar till smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat again.
- 4. Press rolls into the bottoms and sides of your muffin tins. Fill with the cheesecake mixture and dollop with the cranberry filling. Swirl filling using a thin knife.
- 5. Bake for 18–20 minutes or till rolls are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in the tins. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove cheesecakes from tins and place on your wire rack. Transfer reserved icing to a pastry bag or plastic zippered bag. Snip a small opening in the corner and pipe icing over the cheesecakes. Keep chilled till ready to serve.