If you're looking for a foodie gift that requires minimal skills, time, fuss and ingredients, look no further than homemade bark. Making your own bark is not only easy—requiring little more effort than melting chocolate—the variations are truly endless!
Use your choice of chocolate (or a combination), your favorite mix-ins and whatever toppings you desire. And, since prep is super fast, you can churn out multiple batches—ready for gift-giving—in a single afternoon. My current fave? This three-ingredient espresso bark!
Any coffee lover in your life would be delighted to receive this pretty and delicious bark, swirled with white and espresso-flavored chocolates and generously topped with chocolate-covered coffee beans.
Package your bark in cellophane bags tied up with matching ribbon, and pop them in pretty coffee mugs for a sweet and unique gift!
3-Ingredient Espresso Bark
Meal snack, dessert
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- (3) 4-ounce bars of good-quality white chocolate, divided (or 12 ounces white chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, coarsely chopped
- Photos by Sheri Silver
- 1. Line a baking sheet or square baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. In the top half of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, melt 8 ounces of the white chocolate until smooth. Set aside. In another bowl, melt the remaining 4 ounces of white chocolate and the espresso till smooth.
- 3. Pour the melted white chocolate into your prepared pan, spread with an offset spatula and tap pan to level. Dollop the espresso chocolate over the white chocolate and use a small thin knife to swirl it through. Tap the pan again to level. Top with chopped coffee beans and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Transfer the bark to a cutting board and cut or break into pieces. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.