It's St. Patrick's Day—time to drink green cocktails!
If you are like me and are kind of a hippie about green food coloring in beer full of indigestible glutens, you are in the market for a creative booze option for a Tuesday. Well today is your lucky day because I have a fun and simple cocktail recipe with a very different spin than your traditional Irish pub beverage.
Plus you can make it and drink it from the same jar. No mess. YAY!
RECIPE: Green Tea Cocktail
Yields 1 cocktail
1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
1 teaspoon sugar
10-12ish mint leaves
1 full shot whiskey
Club soda or lime soda (i.e. Sierra Mist) if you like it a little sweeter
1. Take a mason jar with a lid and put the matcha powder and a couple tablespoons of warm water inside. Use your muddler or spoon to blend together.
2. Add sugar and lime juice and mint leaves and muddle it all together.
3. Add a few ice cubes and the whiskey.
4. Put on the lid and shake until blended.
5. Add a bit more ice and fill with club or lime soda.
6. Garnish with mint and a lime slice and pop a straw in and DRINK it!