If you need a sweet treat, these coconut macaroons are just the thing. Made with coconut flakes and shredded coconut, they're crunchy on the outside and soft inside. Bonus: They're gluten-free and they come together in just a few minutes.
RECIPE: Coconut Macaroons
Yields 2 dozen cookies
- 7 oz. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 7 oz. sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast the unsweetened coconut flakes for 7 minutes.
- Separate two egg whites in a large bowl and add the condensed milk, vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Add the toasted flakes and shredded coconut to the bowl.
- Gently fold until combined.
- Using a mini ice cream scooper, drop mounds of the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use your fingers to ensure there aren't stray coconut shreds that can burn.
- Bake for 20 minutes.