We know what we're cooking for dinner tonight! Try this scrumptious recipe from our favorite cooking duo.
RECIPE: Shrimp with Salsa
Adapted from Sara Foster's "Casual Cooking"
Serves 2 to 4
- 2-3 cups cooked white basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups store-bought Salsa Verde (If you can find the brand
Casa Sanchez, use it!)
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 package of corn tortillas
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the shrimp and sauté for about 30 seconds per side, until they just begin
to turn pink.
3. Add the garlic and jalapeno and sauté for 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Transfer the shrimp and vegetables to a plate.
4. Add the wine to the skillet and simmer over medium-high heat
to reduce slightly. Add the cream and simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes.
5. Return the shrimp, garlic, jalapeno and their juices to the skillet.
6. Pour the
salsa over the shrimp and sprinkle with the goat cheese. Stir to distribute the
cheese and then cover the pan. Remove it from the heat and let sit for about 1
or 2 minutes until the cheese fully melts.
7. Using tongs, heat the corn tortillas over the open flame of
your gas burner. Assemble soft tacos
using as much rice, shrimp, and sauce in each one as you'd like.
Recipe by Amelia Morris