A unique way to serve stuffing!
RECIPE: Stuffing Muffins with Sausage
Yield: 12 muffins
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. sourdough bread boulle, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and finely diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 links, chicken apple sausage, finely diced
- 2 tsp, kosher salt
- 6 sage leaves finely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs finely chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
3. Distribute sourdough cubes on 2 rimmed baking sheets and toast for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly golden brown. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat and melt butter. Add celery, onions and chicken apple sausage.
5. Sautee the vegetables until translucent and sausage is slightly browned, about 8 minutes.
6. Add salt, sage, thyme and chicken broth and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes until fragrant.
7. Add toasted bread cubes to the pan and stir until cubes are saturated, but not mushy.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and slowly stir in eggs.
9. Use an ice cream scoop to fill and mound the stuffing in muffin tins.
10. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 until muffins are set and crisped on top.
11. Serve warm or room temp.
Recipe by Skylar Thomson