You're going to be obsessed with this delicious dessert for the rest of fall.
Pudding (aka Pumpkin Pie without the Crust)
Adapted from Alice
Medrich / Food 52
- ¾ cup
golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
cup heavy cream
cup whole milk
cream for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves
in a small bowl. Stir in the pumpkin purée. Gradually stir in heavy cream and
milk, then eggs.
3. Pour mixture into glass or ceramic baking
dish. It's best not to exceed a depth of about 1 1/2 inches. Baking times vary
with depth, size, and type of baking dish, so you just have to watch and check.
(The one in the video took about 45 minutes.)
4. Bake until a knife inserted near
the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack, then refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours.
5. Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe by Amelia Morris