Get your veggies and protein all in one place.
RECIPE: Spinach Pesto Meatballs
Servings: Approximately 15
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (inactive)
- 1 lb. ground turkey, dark meat, white meat or a combination
- 2 tbs. plain
whole milk yogurt
- 2 tbs. basil
pesto, store-bought or homemade
- ¼ cup panko
- 1 cup baby
spinach, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. kosher
- ¼ tsp. coarse
ground black pepper
- 1 tbs.
grated Parmesan cheese
- 1, 4 oz.
fresh mozzarella ball, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare a
rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or silicone baking mat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except
mozzarella and olive oil. Mix well using your hands.
3. Using a 2-inch ice cream scoop, form mixture
into balls adding 1 mozzarella cube to the center of each.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30-35
minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and golden brown.
5. Serve with pesto pasta or as an appetizer with
Recipe by Skylar Thomson