A unique take on trail mix and popcorn!
RECIPE: Trail Mix Popcorn Balls
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 5 cups, store bought kettle corn
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 honey
Recipe by Skylar Thomson
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients other than honey.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, simmer the honey for about 1 minute and set aside.
- While the honey is still warm, toss with all ingredients in the large bowl using a rubber spatula.
- Place popcorn mixture in the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow the honey to set.
- Once the honey has firmed up, using greased hands, form the mixture into balls about 4 inches in diameter. Place the finished popcorn balls on waxed paper and store in a cool dry place before serving.