I have been testing tons of recipes lately that are quick and easy to prepare, healthy, and completely delicious. My newest venture, One Potato, delivers local and organic ingredients right to your door and the boxes are filled with recipes that the whole family can make and enjoy together. This meatless lasagna has quickly become one of my family's newest favorites, as it is packed with seasonal veggies and tangy cheese!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 10-ounce bags baby spinach
2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch coins
1 teaspoon salt, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 large egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 18-ounce tube cooked polenta, sliced into 24 slices
4 cups (32 ounces) marinara sauce
1 12-ounce jar roasted yellow peppers, chopped
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add half the spinach and 1/2 the salt. Cook for about 3 minutes, until it is wilted. Add the rest of the spinach and cook an additional 3 minutes, until it is wilted.
3. Transfer the spinach to a colander and drain out as much liquid as possible.
4. Add the zucchini to the saute pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini to the colander and drain out as much liquid as possible.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg yolks, and the remaining salt.
6. In a 9x13 inch deep baking dish, layer 1 cup marinara, 1/2 the polenta slices, 1/2 the spinach/zucchini mixture, 1/2 the peppers, 1/2 the marinara sauce, 1/2 the ricotta, 1/2 the mozzarella, and 1/2 the parmesan. Repeat layering to use the remaining ingredients.
7. Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake, uncovered, an additional 15-20 minutes, until heated through and the cheese is bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.