In the Kitchen With Amelia & Teddy: Green Chicken Meatballs
byAmelia MorrisApr 20, 2016
Green Chicken Meatballs
1 lb boneless chicken thighs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup loosely-packed, chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 small onion, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon salt
pinch of fresh black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Store-bought tomato sauce
1. Cut the chicken thighs into one- to two-inch chunks and
place them in the freezer for a half-hour or so.
2. Pulse the Parmesan, parsley and onion in a food processor
until everything is finely chopped. Add the egg, chicken, salt and pepper, and
continue to pulse until the chicken is coarsely ground — almost as fine as
ground chicken but not quite. Shape into one-inch meatballs.
3. Put the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. One by one,
dredge the meatballs in the flour and add to the oil. Cook, turning as
necessary, until nicely browned all over, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. When the meatballs are halfway cooked, heat up
the tomato sauce in another large skillet.
5. Plate the tomato sauce and top with a few meatballs