Green Chicken Meatballs
Prep 30 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Total 50 minutes
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup loosely-packed, chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Store-bought tomato sauce
- 1. Cut the chicken thighs into one- to two-inch chunks and place them in the freezer for a half-hour or so.
- 2. Pulse the Parmesan, parsley and onion in a food processor until everything is finely chopped. Add the egg, chicken, salt and pepper, and continue to pulse until the chicken is coarsely ground — almost as fine as ground chicken but not quite. Shape into one-inch meatballs.
- 3. Put the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. One by one, dredge the meatballs in the flour and add to the oil. Cook, turning as necessary, until nicely browned all over, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4. When the meatballs are halfway cooked, heat up the tomato sauce in another large skillet.
- 5. Plate the tomato sauce and top with a few meatballs
Recipe adapted from 'The New York Times'