That's right—you can make cookie butter out of almost any cookie imaginable. All you need is a few other simple ingredients, a quick whirl in the food processor, and you've got a delicious dessert dip in your favorite flavor.
Animal crackers are one of those "accidentally vegan" foods, which is a good thing, as they are my vegan daughter's favorite cookie.
She is also all about the sprinkles, so I decided to whip up a funfetti animal cracker cookie butter.
Feel free to use this recipe as-is, or substitute your favorite cookie. You'll get best results with cookies that are crisp or crunchy, and if you use a sandwich cookie, you'll want to scrape off the filling for best results.
But don't forget to pick up some animal crackers too! They're the best for dipping, don't you think?
Animal Cracker Cookie Butter
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 10 minutes
- 8 ounces animal crackers (regular or gluten-free)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- 1. Place the animal crackers and brown sugar in your food processor – pulse till fine crumbs form. Add the coconut milk and blend till smooth – about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides.
- 2. Add the coconut oil and lemon juice and blend again till smooth. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the sprinkles (if the cookie butter is still warm, let it cool before adding the sprinkles to prevent the colors from running).
- 3. Store, covered, in the fridge.
Images via Sheri Silver