Prep 10 minutes
Cook 25-30 minutes
Total 40 minutes
- 2 large, organic eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond butter, or another nut butter of your choosing
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 3.5oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- a pinch of salt, preferably sea salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla extract together. Set aside. In another bowl, combine the sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and baking soda.
- 3. Measure out the nut butter and place in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture to it and stir thoroughly to combine. Add the sugar mixture and fold together. The dough will be very thick. Add about half of the chopped chocolate, using your hands if necessary to incorporate.
- 4. Press the dough into a parchment-lined 8×8 inch baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate over the top and press each piece slightly into the dough. Sprinkle all over with a pinch of salt and place in the oven.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the blondies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely before cutting
Recipe adapted from 'My New Root'