If you’ve ever wondered how you might make boxed cake mix even easier, well, I’ve got your answer right here.
Yes, with only two ingredients—a can of Coke and that box of cake mix—you can turn out two dozen moist, delicious and supremely chocolaty cupcakes.
Now, I’m sure you have questions. I had questions too. So here goes:
Yes, this really works.
Yes, you can use Diet Coke.
Yes, you can use gluten-free cake mix.
And best of all? These cupcakes are egg-free, dairy-free and vegan too (assuming you use the appropriate frosting).
I was inspired by my can of Coke to dress these cupcakes up like mini “floats,” complete with striped straws and Maraschino cherries. But they are just as scrumptious plain, or with a simple dusting of confectioners’ sugar.
2-Ingredient Coke Cupcakes
Meal dessert, snack
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Total 25 minutes
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 12-ounce can Coke, room temperature
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; line cupcake pans with liners.
- 2. Combine cake mix and Coke in your mixer and beat on low speed for one minute. Increase speed to medium and beat for two minutes. Transfer to your prepared pans and bake according to package directions.
- 3. Cool cupcakes, in the pans, on a wire rack. Serve plain, dusted with confectioners' sugar or piped with frosting
Images via Sheri Silver