Fruity Pebble Pavlova
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 120 minutes
Total 140 minutes
- For the Meringue:
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated or superfine sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fruity cereal (used Fruity Pebbles)
- For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup finely diced kiwi
- Powered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Using a 9 inch bowl as a guide, trace the bowl onto a large sheet of parchment paper. Transfer parchment paper to a baking sheet with the pencil side down.
- 2. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg whites until frothy. Add salt and whip until glossy soft peaks form. With the mixer running, quickly add the sugar in 1/4 cup increments and whip until meringue is glossy with stiff peaks. Sprinkle in cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla and fruity cereal and gently fold to combine.
- 3. Pile the meringue in the center of the 9 inch circle on the parchment paper and using a spatula, spread the meringue evenly towards the edges.
- 4. Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 250 degrees.
- 5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 6. After the pavlova has baked, let it cool completely in the oven. Once it is completely cool, add whipped cream, diced fruit and lightly dust with powdered sugar
Recipe by Skylar Thomson