When Catherine McCord, an expert in providing kid-friendly meals that are sure to please everyone (young and old) and founder of the site Weelicious, says everyone goes wild over a recipe, you know you have to try it. "Everyone goes gaga in my house for this chocolate mousse recipe. So much so, I guarantee that if I made it 365 days a year, my kids would never get sick of it. Made with semi-sweet chocolate chips, organic whipped cream and a touch of cinnamon (which gives it the flavor of good Mexican chocolate), not only is this chocolate mousse creamy, light and totally decadent, it’s one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made," she says.
Dreamy Chocolate Mousse
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat
and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the chocolate chips,
salt and cinnamon, and stir until melted and cool to room temperature.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer, or using an electric mixer,
whip the cream for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. Place 1 heaping spoonful of the whipped cream into the
chocolate mixer and stir to combine.
5. Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining whip
cream until completely combined.
6. Spoon the mousse into 4 glasses or cups and refrigerate for at
least an hour. Mousse can be refrigerated up to 4 days.