"It's such a brilliant simple concept, using potato skins in lieu of shells or tortillas to make tacos. I mean, what's not to love about it?" ask Catherine McCord of Weelicious. "They're inexpensive and the filling possibilities are limitless: pesto and Greek yogurt, chili, Lazy BBQ Chicken and sauce, and so much more! Most important, Taco Spuds are a ton of fun to eat. Just see for yourself," she says. We couldn't agree more.
Everyday Taco Spuds
Prep 10` minutes
Cook 60 minutes
Total 70 minutes
- 4 sweet or russet potatoes
- Filling ideas:
- * pesto, greek yogurt and manchego cheese
- * chicken chili with cheddar cheese
- * refried beans, sour cream, and salsa
- * chicken with bbq sauce
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- 2. Poke several holes in the sides of the potatoes, place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 3. Slice the potatoes down the middle, scoop out half of the flesh, and fill with desired accompaniments.