California Roll Salad
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 0 minutes
Total 15 minutes
- ½ head of Napa or Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (or about 3 cups)
- 2 small heads of Romaine, thinly sliced (or about 3 cups)
- ¼ cup cilantro, washed, dried, and chopped
- 2-3 Persian cucumbers, seeded and sliced into half-moons
- ¾ cup (or a bit more) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (8 oz) imitation crab, cut in half horizontally and shredded
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- for the dressing:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- scant ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons shoyu
- 1. Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix the mayo, vinegar, sesame oil, and tablespoon of shoyu until well combined. Taste it. If you think it could stand to be a bit saltier, add a little more shoyu. If you’d like it to be creamier, add a bit more mayo or sesame oil.
- 3. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly to combine. Enjoy!