Quinoa Salad Radicchio Cups
Meal lunch, dinner
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 small head radicchio, separated into 8 leaves
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Toss the dressing with the cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, pine nuts, and chives. Taste and adjust the seasonings. The salad should taste sweet, tangy, and slightly overdressed, which will help balance the bitter flavor of the radicchio.
- 3. Fill the radicchio leaves with the quinoa filling and serve.
Tips: The quinoa filling can be made up to 1 day in advance and stored in the fridge. The quinoa salad is good on its own, too—make it the night before and pack it up for lunch the next day!
Excerpted from "Love & Lemons Cookbook" by arrangement with Avery Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Jeanine Donofrio. Available at Amazon.