Roasted Figs with Cream
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Total 35 minutes
- 10-12 small fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- scant 1/4 cup Madeira (or sweet Marsala wine)
- heavy cream, to serve
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice the stalks from the figs and cut them in half. Place them, cut-side up, in a baking dish.
- 2. Sprinkle over the sugar and Madeira. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the figs are nicely browned on top.
- 3. Serve the figs immediately with heavy cream and if there is any, syrup from the baking dish.