Many years ago, I was gifted an ice cream maker. Which I promptly returned. I was living in an apartment with a tiny kitchen, and a “single-use” item such as that seemed a big waste of valuable counter space.
But there have been times—when perusing Pinterest, for example—when I experience a twinge of regret. There are so many delicious homemade ice cream recipes out there and they all invariably require the use of that single-use machine.
And then I discovered the magic that is 2-ingredient ice cream!
Yes, with simply some heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk (and your choice of flavorings and mix-ins), you can turn out a batch of sweet, creamy, authentic-tasting ice cream—without an ice cream maker!
I have made many variations of this recipe but this latest is my hands-down favorite.
Sweet, flavorful honey and flaky sea salt are swirled through the ice cream and you will not believe how rich and indulgent only four ingredients can be!
The flaky salt cuts the sweetness of the ice cream, while highlighting the flavor of the honey. The combination is truly magical and you will find it hard to put down your spoon once you dig in!
Salted Honey Ice Cream
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 0 minutes
Total 10 minutes
- 2 cups well-chilled heavy cream
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1. Place the sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl.
- 2. Whip the heavy cream in an electric mixer till stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 into the condensed milk, to lighten. Add the remaining cream and fold till well-incorporated.
- 3. Transfer half the mixture to a loaf pan—spread evenly. Pour 1/2 the honey and 1/2 teaspoon salt across the top. Repeat with remaining mixture, honey and salt. Swirl with a knife. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 4. Scoop and serve, topping with additional honey and salt if desired.
All images via Sheri Silver