"Harvest: Unexpected Projects Using 47 Extraordinary Garden Plants" by Stefani Bittner and Alethea Harampolis is chock full of edible recipes, beauty scrubs and decorating projects that will keep you busy DIY-ing with plants all year long. From creative floral arrangement to infusing vinegar for your next soiree, this book is beautifully shot and detailed with clear instructions that will inspire even the most novice foodie and DIY-er. This book may even inspire you to grow some new plants in your own backyard to foster your newfound hobby.
According to the book, "Classic cocktail meets holiday tradition, compliments of Stefani’s mom, Garna, who took the margarita and dressed it with a splash of festive red. Whether you are making a single glass or a pitcher, the ratio of the ingredients stays the same. Use more lime juice if you prefer a tart margarita or more pomegranate juice if you prefer it sweeter. "
NoneMAKES 4 DRINKS
Prep 2 minutes
Total 2 minutes
- 1 cup of your favorite tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate juice (from about 2 pomegranates)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Large-grained salt such as kosher or flake salt
- Lime slice
- Ice cubes
- Handful of pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 1. Combine the tequila, triple sec, and both juices in a pitcher and stir thoroughly.
- 2. Pour the salt onto a small plate. Rub the lime slice around the rim of each glass, and then dip the rims in the salt.
- 3. Pour the margarita over ice in the salt-rimmed glasses.
- 4. For a seasonal festive touch, garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
Reprinted with permission from "Harvest", by Stefani Bittner and Alethea Harampolis, copyright © 2017, published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photographs copyright © 2017 by David Fenton. Available at Amazon.