If you are a fan of salty-sweet (and really, who ISN'T?), then you are going to love this snack. And it couldn't be any easier.
Simply melt your favorite chocolate (dark, milk, white) and dip your favorite potato chips. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings and let set.
It's that simple!
I went with rainbow nonpareils, toffee bits, flaky sea salt and white chocolate drizzle—but the sky's the limit!
These would be equally delicious sprinkled with toasted coconut, chopped peppermints or chopped nuts, too.
And you will be voted "best guest ever" if you show up with a jar of these treats!
Chocolate-Covered Potato Chips
Noneabout 10 cups
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 25 minutes
- 14-16 ounce bag of potato chips
- 8 ounces good quality chocolate (chopped, chips or discs)
- assorted toppings: toffee bits, nonpaerils, flaky sea salt, melted white chocolate
- 1. Line 2 - 3 baking sheets with wax or parchment paper.
- 2. Melt the chocolate in the top half of a double boiler set over barely simmering water.
- 3. Working with one chip at a time, dip halfway into the melted chocolate. Gently shake to remove excess and place on your prepared sheet. Sprinkle with some of your topping and repeat with remaining chips (i
- 4. f drizzling with white chocolate, let the chocolate coating set beforehand).
- 5. Store covered, at room temperature, for 2-3 days.
Images via Sheri Silver