Looking for a quick, easy, infinitely adaptable and kid-approved snack or breakfast? This two-ingredient cereal yogurt bark will do the trick.
Yes, just two ingredients—yogurt and your choice of cereal(s)—come together in your freezer to create an at-the-ready breakfast or after-school snack that no one will be able to resist!
Simply spread your choice of yogurt on a parchment-lined baking sheet and top with any cereal (or cereals) you like. Pop in the freezer, break into pieces and serve!
Or do as I did and use a paper-lined or silicone muffin tin to make single servings, each with its own topping.
And talk about adaptable! I used honey-sweetened Greek yogurt but the sky's the limit! Choose any flavor your family loves—even dairy-free will work! As for the toppings, I've tried granola, muesli and even trail mix—they are all delicious.
These defrost quickly, so it's best to keep them in the freezer. But they won't last long!
Two-Ingredient Cereal Yogurt Bark
Meal breakfast, snack
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 0 minutes
Total 5 minutes
- 16 ounces yogurt (I used honey-sweetened Greek-style yogurt)
- 2 cups cereal (approximately; if using muffin tins, you'll need about 2 tablespoons each)
- 1. Place liners in a 12-cup muffin tray (no need if using a silicon tray). Alternatively, line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- 2. Divide yogurt between the muffin cups (about two tablespoons per cup). If using a baking sheet, spread yogurt evenly. Top with cereal, pressing lightly, and freeze till solid.
- 3. Remove from muffin tins. If using a baking sheet break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Images via Sheri Silver