You'd think it would be hard to improve on nachos.
But these "loaded" steak fajita potato chip nachos do just that.
Start out with your choice of thinly sliced grilled steak (I love skirt steak for this recipe), and add a heap of fresh vegetables, cheese, and potato chips.
Chop everything up and layer it onto a baking sheet.
And then layer again.
A quick run under the oven to get things all melty and you've got your new favorite "snack-for-dinner".
Which beats breakfast-for-dinner any day in my book.
Steak Fajita Potato Chip Nachos
Meal dinner, snack
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
Total 25 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, grilled and thinly sliced
- 1 each red, orange and yellow pepper, trimmed, seeded and chopped
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 12 cups kettle style potato chips
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Spread half the potato chips on the baking sheet. Top with half the cheese, followed by half the peppers, corn and steak. Repeat with remaining potato chips, peppers, corn and steak. Sprinkle with the scallions.
- 3. Bake for 5 - 10 minutes, or till cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately, passing sour cream on the side.
Images via Sheri Silver.