Who doesn't love churros? Strips of fried dough, rolled in cinnamon-sugar and then dunked in melted chocolate or caramel sauce. Basically, there's nothing NOT to love.
But here's a twist on that irresistible treat that has all the flavors of the original, without all the bother and mess of deep frying.
These "churro" Muddy Buddies couldn't be easier or more addictive! Simply made with just a few ingredients, you can have these ready to serve at your Cinco de Mayo celebration (or anytime) in just a few minutes!
Just toss your favorite Chex cereal with melted cinnamon chips, white chocolate chips and butter, then toss again with a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar. Drizzle with melted caramel, let set and serve!
And don't hesitate to change things up, too! You can use any variety of Chex, or drizzle with melted chocolate instead of the caramel, if you prefer.
Churros Chex Mix
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
Total 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (if you can't find cinnamon chips, double the amount of white chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Place the confectioner's sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon in a large Zip-loc bag. Shake gently to combine.
- 2. In a large bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the cinnamon chips, white chocolate chips and butter. Remove from heat and add the cereal, tossing gently but thoroughly to coat. Spread out onto your prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Empty the pan and add the caramels and water. Stir constantly over medium-low heat, till caramels are melted. Use a fork to drizzle over the cereal mixture. Let set, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Images via Sheri Silver