Calling all rocky road fans!
It doesn’t get better than that classic combination of chocolate, marshmallow and almonds. And though you typically find rocky road served up in the form of ice cream, I’m going to bet that you will love this twist on another traditional treat — the peanut butter cup!
Layers of chocolate and almond butter filling are capped off by a sprinkling of chopped almonds, mini marshmallows and flaky sea salt.
These cups are the perfect marriage of salty-sweet, creamy-crunchy—no spoon required!
Rocky Road Cups
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 mini marshmallows
- flaky sea salt
- 1. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 2. In the top half of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring till smooth. Remove from heat. Evenly distribute half of the chocolate into the liners - tap the tins to level and freeze for 15 minutes.
- 3. Beat the almond butter, butter and confectioner's sugar till light and fluffy. Spoon on top of the chocolate layer and use the back of the spoon to spread evenly. Top with the remaining melted chocolate; tap the tins to level.
- 4. Finish with a sprinkling of chopped almonds, marshmallows and flaky sea salt; refrigerate till ready to serve.
Images via Sheri Silver