Carrot and Avocado Salad
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 0 minutes
Total 20 minutes
- 1 heaping tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt
- 1 lb (340 g) carrots, thinly sliced
- 3-4 radishes, sliced (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or Za’atar
- 2 scallions, roots and dark green tops trimmed off, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. In a liquid measuring container or small bowl, stir together the tahini, boiling water, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice.
- 2. Season to taste with salt.
- 3. Put the carrots and radishes in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss to combine.
- 4. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado from its skin and place the pieces over the carrots.
- 5. Season the avocado with a bit of salt.
- 6. Scatter the salad with the sesame seeds, scallions, and parsley (if using). Serve immediately.
Adapted from Julia Turshen's Small Victories