2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound pizza dough, whole wheat preferred, at room temperature
1 small bunch kale (I like Tuscan, aka dinosaur), ribs removed, leaves torn
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
1 cup roasted winter squash, cut into pizza-friendly pieces (I used delicata)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil over a rimmed baking sheet. Stretch your pizza dough into whatever shape you like—this time, mine came out oblong—and transfer to baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss the kale with the remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Scatter the kale on top of the pizza dough, then add the winter squash.
5. Finally, top with the cheese—leave plenty of exposed kale, since you’ll want it to have the chance to get crisp.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust and kale are browned and cheese is bubbly.
Image via Debbie Koenig
Farmer's Market Tomato Sauce