We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
In support of military families, Mom.me is getting a glimpse of the real lives of those in the trenches and those back at home. This fun list has been making the Internet rounds for a while now, but we think it's worth reprinting. If you nod your head in agreement, spread the message!
1. You wear old sweatpants and sweatshirts to bed.
2. You can watch whatever you want on TV without arguing with him first.
3. You get up in the middle of the night to check your email, or you stay on the computer all night waiting for him to get on.
4. You sleep with your cell phone in case he calls in the middle of the night.
5. You love watching cute romantic movies because it reminds you of all the cute things he does when he’s home.
6. You haven’t shaved your legs in weeks.
7. The postal carrier knows you because you are always out waiting for a letter.
8. You start paying close attention in class when the words “military” or “Iraq” are mentioned.
9. You suddenly have an obsession with anything military related.
10. You see someone wearing an Army, Navy or USMC shirt and you get this overwhelming urge to talk to her.
11. You make friends with strangers online just because they are in the same situation as you and are the only ones that can truly understand what you are going through.
12. You can’t decide what to wear when you meet him at the airport because his flight comes in at a ridiculous hour in the morning; you want to look cute, but not too cute, because your cutest outfit you want to save for your first full day together.
You get excited when it's only 9 months until you see your soldier instead of 12.
13. Your first Christmas together is … apart.
14. You find yourself checking your email every 15 minutes.
15. You know all the time differences between you ... and Iraq, Ireland, Kuwait, Italy, Germany, Korea and every state in the U.S.
16. The highlight of your day is getting a letter that was mailed a month ago.
17. And if you don’t get a letter, the highlight of your day is writing him a letter that you know he will be able to read in a month.
18. You realize that "homecoming" is so much more than a football game.
19. You want to hit any happy couple you see together.
20. You get excited about “unknown” phone numbers calling you.
21. You’ve exhausted every idea a brain could have of what to put in a box.
22. You see a “support our troops” sticker on a car when you are stuck in traffic and you find yourself guessing about who they know that is deployed and wonder about their entire life story.
23. When the clock says 11:11, you find yourself wishing for the same thing every time — a call from your soldier.
24. You get excited when it's only 9 months until you see your soldier instead of 12.
25. You can’t stand girls that talk about missing their boyfriends who live a few hours away. You just want to yell, “Drive and go see them them!” Because if you had the chance, you would jump on the first plane to go see your soldier, no matter how far away.
26. You don’t know what teams are on top for football, basketball or any other sport.
27. You wouldn’t dream of walking out of the house without your cell phone, and every number you have is forwarded to that cell.
28. You find yourself randomly crying from just looking at a picture of the two of you together.
29. You find yourself randomly crying and you have no idea why.
30. You stay on the Internet for hours searching for anything and everything about the military.