This pasta salad, you guys. It's light and flavorful, but the absolute best part is how ridiculously easy it is to make. I mean, I guess all pasta salad is easy to make, but this one just tastes like it took more effort.
But seriously. It's Monday, and maybe you decided to also observe Meatless Monday (you really should!) but you're wondering what to eat later today. It's hot and you don't want to cook but you also don't want take out and ugh you're starting to get angsty and wonder why there aren't more veggie drive thru restaurants. Relax. Make this pasta salad. You'll be happy.
Here's all you have to do for a really big salad to take to a party or something — obviously you can make a lot less if it's just for you:
1. Boil a pound of pasta (I like Fusilli or Penne ) like the package says and drain it. Rinse with cold water to let it cool.
2. While the pasta is boiling, cut some cherry tomatoes in half.
3. Pour some pesto into the pasta and stir. I like Trader Joe's or Costco pesto. I don't have measurements for you because this is a lazy dish and just put in as much as you like. You can make your own, of course, but that would be work and it's hot.
4. Cut some mozzarella balls into smaller chunks, and add to the salad.
5. If you're fancy you can add some freshly chopped basil, but you don't have to. (The pesto has enough flavor, but the chopped basil makes it prettier.) Just add some salt and pepper and you're good to go.
Boom! There you go! That's what I call summer on a plate.