Winter may not be officially here just yet, even though it feels like it. Now is the time to go ahead and get your wardrobe ready. Fall and winter clothing can get pretty costly. You'll break the bank if you try to buy new wool coats and luxurious knits every year. With a few minor updates, you can transform outfits you already own into the hottest looks of the season. Breathe life into your closet with these simple budget friendly outfits.
1. Add a structured bag. Nothing says you know what's in style more than carrying the season's "it" bag. This Danielle Nicole Bag won't break the bank, coming in under $100.
3. Rock some plaid. Instead of wearing plain scarves, opt for a plaid one. Plaid is the pattern of the season. Pick up one like this at ASOS.
4. Invest in a wool hat. It's cold and you have to wear a hat anyway, so grab a cool one! This black hat from J. Crew will match everything, even brown.
5. Put on some fur. Instead of buying a new coat with fur trim, add your own. Update an old wool coat or parka by adding this faux fur collar from Nordstrom for under $50.
6. Grab a beanie hat. Not only can you rush out the door without having to comb your hair, you'll also be the cool mom at drop-off in this slouchy beanie for under $30.
7. Rock some aviators. Not only are aviators chic, they work for every face shape. Go easy on your wallet with these aviators by Isaac Mizrahi.
8. Try some opera gloves. Were you scratching your head trying to figure out how to stay warm with those mid-sleeve coats? These leather opera gloves from The Limited have you covered. Try stacking bracelets over the gloves for a glam look.
9. Get some new socks. Boot socks can breathe some much-needed life into your old boots. Wear them up to the knee in skinny jeans or scrunch them down with a pair of booties. Hue has a great selection of boot sock for less than $10.
10. Don't forget your backpack. Go hands-free when the temps drop with a chic backpack by French Connection.