We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
My family loves this time of year because it means I’ll be
trying out all sorts of new treats on them! This year we played around with my
favorite chocolate cookie dough to create thumbprints filled with a creamy
white chocolate ganache. Of course, it’s not the holidays without a little
peppermint, so a crushed candy cane was sprinkled over the tops of these
The white chocolate oozes out when you take a bite, making
these decadent, gooey, and just a little messy.
They were a huge hit with the entire family and they’ll be making an appearance
on our Christmas cookie trays this year.
Photograph by Karly Campbell
Thumbprints with White Chocolate Filling
makes 24 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
cup butter, softened
cup brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup cocoa powder
teaspoon baking soda
● ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
● 4 ounces white chocolate
● 1 candy cane, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a
mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cream together the butter, brown sugar,
and granulated sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg
and vanilla until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa
powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the
wet, beating until well combined.
5. Use a medium cookie scoop to drop balls
of dough into the muffin tin wells. Each muffin tin should be around ¾ of the
6. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the
oven. Let cool 2 minutes.
7. Use the rounded end of a wooden spoon or
other kitchen utensil to gently press into the center of each cookie to form a
8. Carefully run a butter knife around the
edges of the cookies and lift them from the muffin tin to cool on a wire rack.
9. While the cookies are cooling, add the
heavy cream to a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
10. While the cream is heating, chop the
white chocolate into small chunks and place in a medium bowl.
11.Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and whisk until the
chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Let cool to room temperature
and then place in the refrigerator.
12. Whisk the ganache every 15 minutes or so
until the mixture is thick and somewhat cold.
13. Use a small spoon to fill each cookie
with the white chocolate ganache.
14. Place the candy cane in a plastic bag and
use a mallet or heavy object to crush into small pieces. Sprinkle the pieces
over the white chocolate.