RECIPE: French Toast Muffins
Yields 2 dozen muffins
- 1 loaf of Challah Bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the loaf of challah into 1 inch cubes.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, salt, orange zest and one teaspoon of cinnamon together.
- Fill a muffin tin with the bread cubes and press down lightly.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture over each pile of bread cubes.
- Mix together the butter, light brown sugar, flour and a pinch of cinnamon using your hands to create the streusel topping.
- Sprinkle the topping on each of the soaked bread cubes.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.