We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
9 baby artichokes, sliced in half, de-stemmed with fuzzy “chokes” removed on the inside
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 low-fat Greek yogurt
2 cloves garlic
1 ounce (1/2 small can) anchovies, oil drained
2 tablespoons fresh thyme or tarragon
1 lemon's juice
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Remove a few of the outer leaves of the artichokes, de-stem them, and slice them in half. Using a butter knife, remove the fuzzy inside. They may not have that much inside (which is the beauty of baby artichokes!).
3. Add the baby artichokes to the boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare your grill for medium direct heat.
4. While the artichokes are boiling, go ahead and mix all the Chef’s Dressing ingredients with an immersion blender or food processer. Put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
5. Remove the artichokes from the boiling water.
6. Drizzle the artichokes lightly with olive oil, sea salt and pepper, and then grill the artichokes for about 10 minutes until char marks have formed on the inside layers.
7. To serve, slice the two lemons in half and squeeze the juice on the artichokes. Be amazed at how easy and baby artichokes are to prepare versus regular sized artichokes! Hooray for baby artichokes!